Thursday, October 30, 2014

MY CHANGING LEAFS

So tomorrow is my last day at Le Peep. It's been a fun run, and I'm really going to miss it. The people that I work with have become a sort of second family to me and I love my early mornings with them. The deep and meaningful conversations mixed with the inside jokes and yes, even some of the drama, has all been a positive experience. It isn't without it's downfalls, because nothing in this life is perfect,  but this job was pretty awesome. 

It feels like transition periods are always bittersweet. On one hand, I'm leaving to train for a management position at a local juice bar. So this is valuable experience I will be able to put on my resume and I love, love, love the girls there. And on the other hand, I'm leaving behind a place that I have really enjoyed. 

This feels kind of like when I moved away from Moscow to go be a student teacher. It's so weird that college went by so fast when it started out being the slowest of the slow. Now when I go back with Nathan to visit his family and we drive through campus, it's almost a foreign place. We drive by the buildings I used to inhabit on a regular basis and all my memories come flooding back to me at once. 

I did not want to leave Moscow. I was not ready to be done with school and with my independence or with any of my studio classes. Maybe it's the teacher in me who is just never quite done learning all of the things. I'm filled with this hunger to keep furthering my knowledge and I guess there are worse things in life. 

But then, after I moved back home and started student teaching and my life kept changing, it didn't really make me miss school less, but it helped to see that I was applying my knowledge correctly and that my students were learning. And since I've been back in Coeur d'Alene it seems that my life has not really quit changing, because hello! Here's is another life altering transition for you!

I'm a firm believer in the Everything-Happens-For-A-Reason and the If-It's-Meant-To-Happen-It-Will and I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. There is a purpose for my transition from Le Peep to The Wellness Bar and this is the beginning of the Adventure Of Why. 

It's funny that this is happening now, as the seasons are changing. Welcome Autumn and instead of the changing leafs signaling the start of a new school year, it's instead signaling the start of a new job. 

Today I did laundry and went grocery shopping. I cleaned the kitchen and tidied my bedroom. I bought a cinnamon pecan swirl scented candle and tonight I will make dinner and probably watch Netflix. And tomorrow I will wake up for my last hostessing shift and spend the night out with my friends for a happy Halloween. So far, it's been a good year folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...