Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Is The Worst

Okay guys, tomorrow is my big day for the semester.

It's going to be one of the most nerve racking days of my college career. As I'm sure every "first" day of school is going to be for the rest of my life.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, January 26, 2011 and consequently it is also my first day as a Lab Instructor for the Art 100 class taught here at the University. I teach the 5th section of the lab, and tomorrow I have 31 students who will be expecting me to teach them how to make a color grid.

Yikes.

I'm nervous. Beyond nervous. Frightened maybe, even.

And to tell you the truth, I don't think I should be. I worked as a camp counselor last summer for crying out loud! But you see, there are two main differences between these situations even though I am large and in charge for both them. Summer camp was me and Prince-y vs eleventy billion 5-12 year olds. This semester, it's just little me against 31 college freshmen/sophomores.

I will not be the oldest person in the room! They will not blindly follow me like good elementary aged children!

But, everyone is telling me I will be fine. But, also, the first day is always the most nerve racking. It's downright scary, actually. Thankfully the lab sections are only once a week, so I will only be teaching Wednesdays and the experience will be totally worth it, I'm still just a scared little girl.

Which I'm certain is exactly how I will feel when I have to do my semester of student teaching and exactly how I will feel come the first day of every school year I end up teaching for the rest of the my life. First days are scary for both teachers and students!

I can do it, I can do it, I can do it....I hope.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...