Friday, November 20, 2009

Moving Forward?

I think I've been swept away by blogland.

You see, I started this blog with a different writing style than how I write today. Good or bad? Both. Or maybe just different.

I'm not particularly fond of reading things I wrote when I was younger. Probably because it annoys me at how naive, innocent and completely dumb I was to a lot of things that go on in the world. Reading things I wrote in middle school is especially annoying because it's all mellow dramatic and everything I wrote about was the. biggest. deal. ever.

Part of what also influenced my writing style change was reading people's blogs who had a bajillion and sixteen followers. I want to be like them. I want to gain a large following and be someone that other people recommended to their friends for a good read. So I adjusted in order to follow suit. Good or bad? Both. I guess.

And somewhere along the way I thought I lost what I was writing for, but maybe not. I read through some of my February writings and how different they are from the posts I wrote....say, yesterday for example.

But in a great many ways not only has my writing changed, but I have along with it. Instead of lonely freshman in college trying to figure things out about life, I'm a sophomore in college still trying to figure out different things in life. It's odd to look back at myself in past months/years and see what's so different about me.

The car I drive is different. For one I actually have a car now that I helped buy and will keep help paying for until I've paid every cent.

The major I have is different. And as I've said plenty of times before, it's better by a long shot.

My friends are different. They have all changed a large amount since high school let alone last semester. Some are closer, some are farther, some are smarter and some are dumber. Some I don't care if I never see them again and some I miss with a burning a passion.

Life in general is just completely different in a lot of aspects. My relationships have evolved and shifted as I've grown up. Well, not grown up per se, more like gotten older. I haven't gained any height since 8th grade.

But if you're interested, take a walk back through my archives. You'll find some interesting things back there from prior months.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for this blog. For writing. For having a place to write. For other people reading what I write. I'm thankful for my parents because they are incredibly awesome. I'm thankful for spell check because I never spell incredibly correct. I'm thankful for Prince Charming. I'm thankful for my siblings. I'm thankful for God for blessing me. so. much.


What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...