Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'll Think Of You Tonight

My house is seriously so empty. Usually I have no problem being all alone, but for a reason that makes me feel like the most typical girl ever, I don't want to be alone right now. Prince left this morning at 8 for Portland. Then he'll fly out of Portland to California so he can go to Disney Land on vacation with his family. He'll be gone a week.

He called me this morning before he left. He didn't want to get off the phone. I wish I could have gone with him.

When I was in school, this wouldn't have bugged me. He went to Hawaii and I didn't even shed a tear. Sure, I missed talking to him online. However, now I've been with him almost everyday since May and he's gone for a week. His parents didn't want him to take his cell phone, so now I don't get to talk to him for a whole week either.

And I don't know why it bugs me so much. I don't. I should be fine with this. He's coming back. He's not gone forever. I wonder if my mom ever missed my dad like this. You know, they've been married for 20 plus years and I've only been with Prince for 8 months. Does it get easier when they leave?

I feel like I'm majorly over-reacting. Like I've let myself get too close again and I just need to take a huge step backward along with the deepest breath of my life. I think I'll be okay.

I also don't think it would be so bad if I wasn't here by myself in my parent's house all alone. The Fam is on vacation sans myself because I have work and need money. They didn't leave me a note or a voicemail and their phones are off so I can't even tell them that the Yukon decided to get a totally flat right rear tire so that the wheel is touching the ground. And I don't know how to fix it and I feel bad just letting it sit in the garage. But what am I suppose to do?

Anyway, I'm just here doing laundry and listening to the Owl City CD that Prince made me before he left. Track 11 is my favorite. I have it on repeat.

"The silence isn't so bad until I look at my hands and feel sad because the spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly"

1 comment:

  1. the name of the song is "Vanilla Twilight" by the way. I listened to it on the plane :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...