Sunday, February 16, 2014

A VERY VALENTINE'S POST

So let's talk about Valentine's day...because why not?

I wasn't initially going to go to work on Friday, but then stuff and things happened and I ended up going in anyway because it's just easier that way. Except it made me try to cram all the things I was going to spend my Friday morning doing into Thursday afternoon and I ended up spending five hours cleaning all the parts of my house. Yay productivity!

Nathan showed up Friday afternoon after I got back home from work. I kept looking out the window to see if his truck was in the parking lot yet, but after four or five looks I gave up and turned on Desperate Housewives (yeah, I know). But then I heard my front door open and there was my favorite boy along with a giant bouquet of flowers and a chocolate bar. He hadn't even been in my apartment for five minutes and already is was better than the last six years of Valentine's days combined.

And then we went to the grocery store for jalapeños because that's how we roll. And also because my sister was making jalapeño chocolate cupcakes with lime frosting and if you've never had those before then I suggest you change that right now because chocolate and spicy is just pure awesome in your mouth. Trust me.

Anyway, Nathan got us dinner reservations for 6:30 but I had no idea where we were going which just made it all the more fun, right? We got dressed up and went out for drinks downtown before dinner. I mean, this guy knows what I like.

Which he just proved even more when I found out that we were headed out for a sushi dinner. Oh my gosh sushi is probably...well, if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be sushi. The restaurant we were at was super crowded and a little understaffed so we ended up waiting a long time for our food to come out of the kitchen. On the plus side though we were seated at a booth, which I like a lot better than being across from each other in chairs. I like to sit next to Nathan, what can I say. It was awesome.

We finished the night watching some Netflix before going to bed. It was maybe what I might consider the best Valentine's Day in the history of my life. High five Nathan. Happy Valentine's Day, I love you!

And Saturday we spent skiing with my family and some really good friends. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a dream land and it's basically the best thing ever.


2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! :D I'm so glad you finally got the Valentine's Day you deserved :) Nathan did good.

    And jalapeños and chocolate, huh? I'll have to look into that.

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had an awesome vday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...