Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the end already?


Ladies and gentlemen, the end of the year is upon us, and more importantly so is the end of the semester. Today I turned in my graphic design portfolio, my final essay for history of photography, and my overview of my teaching experience for Art 100. My brain is finished.

But,

(wait for it)

I'm DONE.

(Yes, really.)

For the whole semester, even! I mean wow! How does this happen? You spend all this time cranking out artwork and papers and lesson plans, studying for tests, showing up to class, and then boom! It's over. It's almost a little anti climactic because you put in all this work and all these long hours and then what? Grades. (But really...now what?)

Now I am going to throw myself into some watercolor and make some more cards. And get our family Christmas cards printed. And sent. Because you know what I have to worry about?

Nothing.

Isn't it awesome?

I still can't believe it. It doesn't feel real. This is the weirdest semester of my college career though, let me tell you that. It flew by. And not just like a leisurely plane ride for a couple hours type of flying either. No way. It was fighter jet speed, no delays or cancellations here, folks. Thanksgiving break came and went in the blink of an eye and then there was three weeks left in the semester.

One week where I wanted to pull out all my hair. One week where I turned in a bunch of assignments and cranked out some serious papers. And this week. Which clearly is the week for celebrating. Seriously. It started with my painting being taken captive for display in the Provost office ALL OF NEXT SEMESTER. Yeah, that's right. I know! And now stuff that was due tomorrow and Friday is all taken care of. I mean, I don't want to brag or anything, but I feel pretty rad right now.

So there you have it. Now it can officially be Christmas time. Yes, please.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...