Saturday, February 19, 2011

On The Rise

Do you know what I have been doing lately? Because I have been busy. Busy buying things, making things, rearranging things... it's crazy, really. I woke up this morning around 9 o'clock, decided that was too early and that my time would be better spent dreaming.

Unfortunately, I had a not so happy dream about this boy and me, and we were falling in love and then all of a sudden this girl shows up out of nowhere and unknowingly steals this one boy's affection. It was terrible. But then I made friends with the girl and we got over it and left the boy behind. It was one of my weirder dreams.

And then I woke up again at 11:30. I figured I should start some laundry, and while I was doing that I rearranged some more of my room and I made some kick butt guacamole.

You see, I was inspired the other day. And when I get inspired, no one knows what will happen. But I have to tell you, I pulled out a bunch of stuff out from under my bed, moved it all around, consolidated, threw a lot of unnecessary rubbish in the trash can, and felt a lot better about myself.

Then I moved to my closet, and pulled a lot of junk out of there, too. And then I move a bunch of stuff around to make room for other stuff so that my poor little corner of the world wouldn't be so cluttered. I put a lot of my painting stuff in my closet so that it wasn't taking up valuable floor space.

I wiped stuff off, I cleaned stuff up, and then I looked at my walls. And then I thought to myself, why stop with drawers and closets? So I rearranged the wall too.


And here's what it looks like now. And yes, that's all my artwork. I have so many prints from last semester it's insane. This isn't even a quarter of them.

And then I vacuumed.

So anyway, after I did laundry today I rearranged some drawers some more because I am a crazy freak and moved a few clothes into my suitcase so that I had more drawer space for the clothes I actually wear. And then I took out the trash cans and I went to the gym and I ate some of my guacamole.

I am feeling a lot better lately. I feel more like myself. Like my old self. I'm weird and crazy and little bit rebellious. If you tell me not to do something, depending on what it is I might just do it anyway. I'm sassy and a smart alec. I'm happy. I'm confident.

I re-read some of my posts from when Prince and I first broke up, and I remember that feeling of intense heartbreak that you can't even put in to words, and then I realized I don't feel that way anymore. Prince and I are bad at being broken up, because we still talk but just not all the time. But even though I still miss him, I feel like I can do this, you know?

It's still a little weird to see him though, because I was in Denny's last night and he showed up as I was leaving and my heart started racing in my chest. I briefly debated sticking around, and decided that I should just go back to my room.

I honestly don't know what the future holds for me and Prince. I don't know if we will eventually get back together or if we will stay apart forever, but I think no matter what happens, as long as I'm just myself I'll be okay.

So now, to end on a happy note, remember how I hate painting? Well, here's the final product:

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm happy for you. See, all you needed was some time.

    PS: Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how getting rid of all junk and cleaning can put you in a better moon, isn't it? The painting turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...