Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Means I'm Leaving the Teen Years Behind Forever



Summer is almost over. I just have a few weeks left to rot day campers' brains and teach them all sorts of bad habits to torture their parental units with.

In a few weeks I will be turning 20.

I'm also going to enter some photography in the fair this year. The bee picture is one of my favorites. I'm pretty sure I will print it out in an 8x10 with an 11x14 matte so I can compete with adults way better than I am at photography.

And maybe I'll win, but I'm not holding my breath.


Thursday I'm headed to Portland with Prince Charming's parents and sister. He's going down the day before, so this should be interesting. Girl bonding time? We are going to go get 15 dollar pedicures while we're there. What better thing to bond over, besides maybe alcohol? Kidding.

Kinda.

Anyway, it will be fun. I have three different dresses I'm bringing, and I bought new shoes yesterday. I just might actually be a girl after all.


Okay, but now I have a dilemma. Do I keep my hair blonde and just cut it, or do I color it? I'm wondering if I should go darker for school?

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Psh. You're only turning 20? I'm going to be 23 in a few months!! That's so old!! Ahhh. But I do remember turning 20... It was on Thanksgiving, and my boyfriend's family let me drink wine at dinner. Haha.

    Anyway. I love flower pictures :)

    Aaaaannd PS, holy crap I've miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time of life for you! Yes, you are leaving your teens behind - but look at all that is ahead. Sorry, no advice on hair, particularly since I'm not happy with mine at the moment. And the shoes? Yeah, sometimes that particular habit doesn't rear it's head until you are older.....said the true shoe lover who bloomed late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, first off. I LOVE the picture with the bee. And I think you'd have a great shot at winning any photo contest!

    $15 pedi's, wow that's pretty good.

    And as for your hair.. hmm... you seem kind of fair skinned so not sure how you'd look with darker hair.. I'd have to really see it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...