Friday, July 16, 2010

Working At Camp Is Exhausting

I have been up to trouble, my friends. Lots and lots of horrible, wonderful, wild and delicious trouble. Not only do I manage to gracefully tan like an Indian girl so that I will not only be old when I'm old, but wrinkly too, but I also threaten children daily with five more minutes of foof if you absolutely do not just quiet down already! But I watch movies (quote You are about to be crushed by a giant corn end quote), I make blankets (horribly, horribly fuzzy warm soft blankets my friends!), and I do an insanely insane amount of tubing and hurting myself as I fling and fly and toss and roll across the surface of the ever beautiful sometimes warm but mostly cold lake water.

Ahhh. Doesn't it just sound like summer to you? Like the epitome of a summery summer, yes? You know? It's not, but I so much wish it was that in my moments where I feel like this summer is going to crush my soul and eat out my eyeballs I think about that time that Jordan and I almost rolled his jet ski on Upper Twin and I feel so much better. And just today there was wonder of all wonders, MUSIC at the water front during our swim time, and my oh my did I burst out in off pitch sing song voices and dance around like a six year old.

You would have been impressed, I'm telling you.

I sing a lot here at camp. A lot, a lot. And a lot of the time it's with my co-workers. Who also love to sing a lot, a lot. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shiiiiine! Anyone? Anyone?

Okay then.

But here I am, sitting in the office on the computer when I could be at the house with Prince Charming sleeping on his lap while he blows things up on his PS3 and tries not to check his eyelids for cracks while doing so. Or I could have gone home for a church picnic that unfortunately I am now too tragically tired to grace with my presence. It's a true bummer.

Can I just admit to you how lovely the thought of tomorrow is? Tomorrow is Saturday. Sleep in day. Do nothing but lounge about all day. Except I have to clean the cabin we used all week. But that's not a big deal. Actually, it will give me something to do when I don't feel horribly terribly rushed to move about the room like a chicken with its head cut off cleaning everything in sight just so I can go home and sleep.

Oh the pressure I just get from thinking about it.

Frightening.

I want summer to go on forever and ever. Can I just not go back to school in the fall? I mean, I can't believe that next semester I will begin my third year of college, be able to call myself a Junior, and be one year-ish away from graduation. I'm just not ready for that. For any of it.

And because of that, I refuse to dwell on it any longer. I'm going back into happy summer thought mode. Perhaps I'll go swimming this evening with the staff and then watch Blind Side because I oh so want to and Sarah has it and she told me we would watch it together.

I would just love that.

And I will apologize sincerely for my lack of postings this summer. I feel like I post even less than I did last summer. And wow, did I almost never ever post last summer. Off topic, but it's weird to think about the difference a year makes. Not that long amount of time in the big scheme of things, but at the same time it is a very unimaginably long period of time too. You know?

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having so much fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad you're enjoying your time. I could see how it would be tiresome. But, on a depressing note, summer will be over before you know it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your summers while you can - trust me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...