Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm A Labrador

Charcoal is a new discovered love for me.

Prince, on the other hand, can't stand the stuff.

But me? I am IN LOVE.

In my most favorite drawing 111 class that happens magically in time and space of Tuesdays and Thursdays around 3:30 in the PM, we do a lot of charcoal work. Today we did it different though.

Instead of drawing with the charcoal stick to create our still life image, our job was to cover the entire surface area of our paper with charcoal and then proceed to utilize the kneeded eraser to lift the charcoal off the page creating different values - and thus our still life shapes would appear on the page.

Simple enough.

Then our Prof showed us one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life. It's a rag you use to cover your page in charcoal. And not only does it cover your page - no - it also turns your ENTIRE HAND black. BLACK!

I felt like a dalmation in 101 Dalmations in the part of the movie when they hide from Cruella by disguising themselves in soot. "I'm a Labrador!"

Yes, yes. I was indeed a Labrador for the durration of my class. And so was my friend who graduates in December.

Mature?

You have the wrong party.

And I found out we need to get Strathmore pads of paper - high quality paper than our newprints. Prof brings out the paper we are suppose to get. I turned to DecemberGrad and whisper loudly "I'm SET!"

Not only do I have one of those pads of paper - no - I have four.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...