Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vandal Art and Useless Bits Of Fluff

Walking to my meeting with my English teacher this morning, I passed some art on the sidewalk. Someone has painted a pacman senario on the sidewalk leading to Polya Lab and Brink Hall and The Commons. I tried to get a picture of it, but it was too big to fit the whole thing on my cell phone camera's screen. Tragedy, I know. Perhaps tomorrow I'll snag a picture for you curious george's out there. :-)

On the wall of the TLC building - no, not Tender Love Car or Ten Less Candles, sorry :-) - the words "Do You See?" were written in yellow. Our school mascot isn't the vandals for nothing. Ha, ha, ha. Anyway, that did make me think. Do I see? Do I see what? What am I looking for? In life? Just to live. To be adventurous. To live a God-honoring life. Do you see? Do I see? Do WE see?

And then walking out of Dance 100 this morning, I saw this interesting drawing. I thought it was funny and entertaining, so I whipped out my trusty cell phone and took a picture. Too cute in my opinion.

As for the rest of today - I have been so busy I've hardly had time to just breathe. I was up at 7 working on that dumb teleportation paper I'm writing for English 102. It's funny though because my teacher seems to be impressed with how it's coming along. I think that in itself is hilarious because I really only worked two days on it so far and we've had like...a month. But I work better under pressure. That actually gives me a reason to do something. If I have a whole bunch of time I always think, "oh, I have time. I can do it later." Wrong way to think - I know. Don't preach at me, it's how I operate.

Then I had Dance at 10:30. And since I'm going back to Hayden tomorrow I'm going to miss our studio time on Friday. Which is horribly tragic because that's the reason I go to class in the first place. The friday studio sessions are the reason I signed up for that class. But when you don't have a car, you're dependent on other people for rides back and forth and since both Belle AND Sleeping Beauty are coming back tomorrow, I am left with no choice. *huge overly dramatic sigh*

Then I had math at 11:30 and I worked from 1 to 5. I had to close by myself again, and it took me a whole hour again, but I've heard that an hour is normal. I'm just hoping I did everything right again. But I made about $3.50 in tips so I was happy. Tips vary a great deal for me, and I know to some people that $3.50 is a terrible tip, but trust me, there are days where I get maybe 50 cents. So I'll take my three bucks thankyouverymuch. :-)

On a brighter note I got an A on my math quiz. However, my letter to the creator of math still stands. With all my epic hate rays focusing on him/her for all eternity. I simply can NOT wait until this semester is over. But I don't know what I'm going to do next semester. I'm seriously considering switching my major - but it appears there is not a lot of photography offered here at U of I. Maybe it's a sign? I don't know. I don't want to take the 'easy' way out anymore, but I also don't want to take a whole bunch of science classes either. This weekend will be serious debates and conversations with my parents and time spent seriously researching this idea. Just saying.

Anyway, it's 11 and I should probably go to sleep soon. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I would work for fairy dust! Popped in from SITS to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate.
    Stopping by from SITS to say hello!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...