Friday, April 10, 2009

Things That Make Me Sick

Okay, really. There are plenty of things out there that make me sick - and not just the rhinovirus or whatever it is that causes the common cold and sore throats. Perhaps sick may not be the right word, but disgusted, upset, angry, annoyed, irritated...those words all fit too for this list. And I say list, when really it's just a few things. Mainly one big thing that is "all the rage" right now that I simply can NOT stand. Ugh.

Twilight. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why women OF ALL AGES are completely obsessed with a 107 year old vampire stuck in the body of a 17 year old boy? I'm sorry. I'm SO SICK and DISGUSTED of hearing anything to do with Twilight/New Moon/any of the other book titles that I'm too upset to name and plus I don't care enough to know those titles. Twilight is everywhere! It's sick. You people need a new hobby. Okay, sorry, that may have come off a little harsh. But I think it's ridiculous that grown women are obsessing over a sparkly vampire. I watched the movie people - I wasn't that impressed.

And I don't think it would be so bad if I didn't read about it EVERYWHERE. On MySpace it's all over their BumperSticker app (gag me) and it's all over Facebook's Pieces Of Flair. It's everywhere on PhotoBucket. And NOW of all things GROWN WOMEN ARE WRITING ABOUT IT IN THEIR BLOGS. *sigh*

I apologize for offending everyone because I know that all of you are probably just as crazily obsessed with Twilight as the next person. But I for one can't STAND it. I just can't. Keep your Twilight-y thoughts to yourself and your Twilight obsessed friends. I don't want to read about it everywhere.

It's like Obama. You ask people why they liked him and no one could give you a straight answer. Just that they liked him and "what he stood for." However, you had no idea what he stood for other than "change." Whoop diddy frikken doo. Change. Change happens all the time. It's inevitable (except from vending machines). But really. I feel like this is the same thing with Twilight. Why do you like Twilight? "I don't know. I just do. He's SO HAWT" *over dramatic obnoxious sigh* me: *gag*

And all those things that say Edward is raising the standard for future boyfriends? Cut it out. Really. My boyfriend is just fine thankyouverymuch. I don't need a sparkly vampire when I have Prince Charming. And by Prince Charming I mean prince CHARMING because Prince-y seriously rocks. He's hilarious, he almost always knows exactly what to say, and he's cute to top it all off.

Some of you are scoffing "She just doesn't understand because she hasn't read the books" and you're right. And you know what else? I don't plan on reading the books. I just want the whole things to disappear. Go underground. Where all you vampire lovers can indulge to your hearts content. On second thought, maybe I'll just go underground and save you all the trouble since after this post there is going to be an angry mob with pitchforks out to steal my soul. *heavy sigh* That's what I get for making my opinion public though I suppose. Judge me if you will.

Rant Over.
For now...
I hope...

4 comments:

  1. I read the books and enjoyed them. It was fun, romantic and unrealistic, but I'm not crazy over them. The movie was ok, but not fabulous.

    You really should read the books, they're fun!

    But, honestly, I'm not sure why it makes you so angry that other people (even grown women) are enjoying it so much. So what?! Let them enjoy it. Just my .02 cents.

    I'm here as part of the SITS Welcome Wagon! I've been with them since the beginning, and am a huge fan. I'm met so many amazing women and read so many fun blogs. It's truly a wonderful blogger support site for women. Welcome, SITSta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha. I TOTALLY understand your angst! I haven't seen the movie, but I did try to start the book...once. I couldn't get past, oh, chapter three.

    So no pitchforks from my direction! (And grown women obsessing over a 17-yr-old vampire deserve to be made fun of, in my humble opinion! :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the books and haven't seen the film. And I'm totally with you SITSta!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...