Monday, April 13, 2009

Clear As Mud

Tell me I'm normal. Tell me I'm common. That this wondering of what I'm supposed to do with the rest of my life is something everyone goes through. I like nutrition, I do. Promise. But the real question is do I like it enough still to do it for the rest of my life? I think that answer is no.

Researching more about photography on the University of Idaho's website, I found I can major in art with an emphasis on photography and digital imaging. Now that sounds fun. I emailed my advisor about it, and I emailed my parental units. My mom texted me this morning with the idea of using nutrition to become a PE teacher. Well, I would LOVE that too. But here's the catch. PE teachers are common. They are a dime a dozen and there are so many of them that there are not enough job openings for all the potential PE teachers out there in the world. Sorry Momma, I just don't think a PE teacher is going to happen. HOWEVER! That's not to say that I don't like the idea of teaching altogether. Because if I ended up becoming a teacher, I could work for nine months or so and then take pictures all summer. Which, I must confess, would be absolutely lovely.

However, I'm still waiting for my advisor to email me back. Switching from nutrition to art is practically a 180 degree flip. I don't know everything that it might take to get that done, which is what I'm hoping she can help me with.

Besides the lovely major questions, I have a speech to write, a paper to finish, math to start, a parking pass to obtain and a W2 to find. Thank the good Lord there's only one more month of this to go and then I can have three months or there about to spend at the beach in the warm sunshine-y goodness they have labeled as summer.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand your choice and the longing to get to study photography.
    The important thing is, do what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...