Tuesday, December 23, 2014

AND THEN WE WERE HOME

Once we booked our tickets it felt like our vacation would never come. And then all of a sudden it was Wednesday evening and we were sitting in the terminal waiting for our plane to come and take us away.

And then we were in Miami for ten hours and then we were on a boat in the Caribbean and now we're home.

Dudes, I miss the islands something awful. I always thought I was a sun and the sand and a drink in my hand kind of girl, and that is way beyond true. It killed me to come home. Straight up killed. The only thing I really missed while down there was the cell service and my bed. (Sleeping in a boat for a week, while completely awesome, is incredibly uncomfortable. Let the record show.)

The water down there is absolutely beautiful, just, I have never seen water like that before in real life. It just blows my mind. And the weather is amazing. And the people are friendly. And it didn't get dark at 4:00 in the afternoon like it does here and there were absolutely zero icy or cold days. I was living the life down there. Dang.

But also there is part of me that is glad to be home and in my own bed. I just wish that I could pick up my job and my house in some sort of magical realm and transport it down to the British Virgin Isles and only see the snow and the cold when I wanted it around, ya know? Every time I'm somewhere warm, that is always my wish.

Someday it will be my reality, but for now it is what it is. I have a good life going on here in little Idaho and I have some pretty fantastic people in my life. And Christmas is right around the corner, so happy feelings all around.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal. Enjoy the pictures ;)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...