Wednesday, September 3, 2014

HELLO SEPTEMBER

Holy end of summer. Batman. I can't believe it's already September. And that summer is technically over. I mean, what the crap.

I have this love/hate relationship with my birthday. Let's be honest though and say that it's mostly love, just there is this bittersweet thing about the last day of August because I get chocolate cake, but then I also get the beginning of orange crunchy leafs and icy cold breezes. I'm never ready to give up my summer or my tanned skin or the lack of reason to need to wear a sweater. But then fall actually gets here and I'm like...well, this isn't so bad.

Now winter. That is another story entirely. But let's not go there. Especially because this weekend is supposed to be in the 80s and just, words do not describe how thrilled I am about that.

Since I'm not working as a teacher this year, September so far has been weird for me. All three days of it.

Day one I was still out celebrating the 24th year of my life (holy crap how did I get that old?) and then day two was the first day of school - and it was the first year since I was five that I haven't been involved in school in some way or another. It feels like maybe I'm more of an adult now? I mean, these are the deep concepts that go on inside my head.

I have been involved in the school system for a good long time - I mean, every year since I was five I was either a student or a teacher and now, now I suppose I'm neither. Oh sure, I'm teaching a watercolor class at the juice bar downtown but I'm not full time. Instead I'm a hostess at a restaurant and instead of spending the first day of school in a classroom I spent it in a dining room. Which is weird with a capital W.

Today was rainy, preceded by a thunderous summer storm last night over which I was irrationally over excited. But really, can one ever be too excited about a thunder storm? I don't think so. And I'm basically an authority on the subject, so whatever.

And now, I think this rambling post has become quit the accomplished nonsense transmission. Over and out.





1 comment:

  1. Happy September to you Natalie! I'm sure it feels strange not being in teacher-mode, but know that I'm still praying for you and whatever/wherever God is leading you in this season of life =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...