Tuesday, May 28, 2013

camping and things

I have been subbing in the art room a lot lately on account of the current art teacher being pregnant and taking her fair share of sick days. It has been the craziest of the crazy in that art room, but I have loved every single second of it, I swear. And now that I'm back in the library it's like I don't even know what to do with myself anymore.

Quiet you say? What is this quiet you speak of? But I guess in all honesty after how dramatic my life has been recently, this quiet time in the library is probably a good thing. Good gravy.

And this school year's ending seems to have snuck right up on me. Holy buckets how did we make it to the last two weeks already? I can't even handle this. I'm pretty sure that this is the first time in my entire life that I wish the school year was just a tad longer. Just a few more days, please! I think I'll cry! But seriously, I think I'll cry. These kids. You don't even know.

I think maybe my heart is breaking. I can't really tell.

But I took a trip this long memorial day weekend to a campground we have frequented since I've been old enough to remember anything about life. We have camped there every memorial day weekend for a really long time. It was nice to escape the world of texting, snapchat, instagram, facebook, and pinterest for a while.

TheKeeper was here and so our family of six was complete for what will probably be the first and last times of the summer. Growing up is rough, guys. But we had fun! We long boarded, roasted mallows for s'mores, talked and sang by the camp fire, played cards under the gazebo in the rain, and walked the dogs down by the river.

Words just can't explain how the woods make me feel. It's like I could stay out there forever, but also Monday I was ready to come home. Mostly so I could shower and wash my hair. Which I had to shampoo twice to get clean. Oh yes.

And now I suppose it's back to reality.


my sweet little lottie dog got spayed thursday morning. we made her wear this t shirt to keep her stitches clean. she looked like a little toddler the whole weekend. too precious.


TheKeeper fly fishes like a professional. i'm serious.


my sister is cooler than me. fact.


we went for a buddy ride and almost face planted. it was awesome.

3 comments:

  1. You and I are so much alike it's scary. I, too, have always loved the woods and find great peace in being in such a place. Nobody but someone who knows what I'm saying will understand. Love you, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. And... now I want to go camping again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some restful, fun camping in on your extended weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...