Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We Got Spirit Yes We Do

Can someone please explain to me how it's already October? And where the heck did the year go? But dudes, seriously. I got back from a weekend trip to Seattle to see TheKeeper and his lovely girly-friend and it was October first. I kind of scratched my head and looked around the room and thought wow, how did I get here?

Not necessarily how did I get to my room, per se. I mean, I remember the long drive home and the crawling into bed exhausted. Just how did I get here? To this time? To October of my last semester of college? To age 22? I blinked and everything changed. One minute I'm living in a dorm in Moscow at the ripe old age of 18 and now I'm back home about to graduate. It really blows my mind sometimes if I sit and think about it.

Anyway, enjoy some pictures from spirit week at the high school I'm student teaching at. There are some pretty rad outfits.

redneck day (nothing really out of the ordinary for Idaho, but still fun)

twin day (my mentor teacher and I were crazy art teachers!)

decade day (subtle 80s)

zombie apocalypse 

We followed up spirit week with everybody's favorite pep assembly! Pep assemblies are honestly my absolute favorite part of high school. I remember my senior year being over dramatically sad that I had just attended my last pep assembly.

The atmosphere! The stupid games! The class pride and school pride. The shouting. The noise. I'm not usually one for incredibly noisy and loud things crammed with people, but there's just something about wearing your school colors and standing next to your best friends in a crowded gym screaming "SENIOR POWER!" at the top of your lungs. I just, I mean, I have no words.

And this pep assembly lived up to my highest expectations. Even though I am now a faculty member and I didn't get to cup my hands around my mouth and yell sen-ior pow-er over and over again until my vocal chords failed me, I still had an unbelievably good time. I think I beamed like an idiot through the entire thing. It was probably one of the best days of school so far. I mean, honestly.

1 comment:

  1. Psh, should've let me help with the zombie apocalypse day.

    Red dye and corn starch work wonders :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...