Monday, June 27, 2011

don't be scared

say hi to mr. turtle! 
(a picture to help comfort you as these changes take place on my blog)

I know! I know! The place is looking a little different around here, I moved the sofa, bought a new floor rug and some matching throw pillows, a little potpourri, the works. You may have also noticed the new name? Do you like it? Please say you like it. 

It took me forever to decide on a new name. I contemplated taking a poll, but then I wondered how many people would actually comment? And then would I hurt anybody's feelings if I didn't pick their suggestion? And then I decided that I needed to eat some chocolate chip cookies while I tried desperately to conjure up a name that wasn't overused, too cliche, and still managed to sort of convey what I am all about. 

I started by looking up idioms. Lots and lots of idioms. I liked "Rolling With The Punches" because I have to learn about how to do that, I like "Show Your True Colors" because I like to think I'm not fake here on TheBlog. But really, all the idioms I looked up didn't seem to make the grade. Though I was reminded of quite a few that I will have to figure out how to put into regular blog conversation. (No room to swing a cat? Come on! That is priceless people. Priceless.) 

But then I realized that all of the idioms that I actually liked using, we all about this whole idea of being yourself. Combined with the whole idea of trying to find out really who I am since the big split with PC, and I figured that I needed something deeper than an idiom. So I started looking up quotes. 

I found love quotes and inspirational quotes, but then I clicked on the encouragement quotes and found all sorts of good things. Quotes, I felt, were a little too long for a title though. But I found just the perfect one that went with the design I already had in my header. 

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
the master calls a butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

So there it was. The quote that perfectly matched the design and the idea of the blog. Now I just needed a title? And lo, but where would I be without a title? So I mulled over different combinations of words and nothing was really doing anything for me. But you know a caterpillar turns into a butterfly and then has to figure out how to be a butterfly. There's all this new stuff that goes along with it!

And well really, when you put it that way, who does that sound like to you? That's exactly what I was thinking. 

So look around a bit, peek through the stuff on the walls, have a look at the pictures, try out the new sofa (but don't spill anything on my new red slip covers!) and chow down on some pop corn - it's extra buttery, just for you. 

7 comments:

  1. Hello you =) I just happened to find your blog and yes, I do like the new name and the richard bach quote. IT fits in according to your explanation. nice and snug =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turtle reminds me of a sidebar application that has a couple of turtles following your cursor if you click within the square. I don't know where you can pick up the code, but that would allow people to occupy their time while you are doing some house cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' the new "furniture" Natalie! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's been a long time since I've commented (being in China has really made keeping in contact hard) but a lot has changed! I hope you're doing well and I'm looking forward to catching up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your new title. It's very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...