Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dreamy

Lets talk about dreams. Because I have had a dream about Prince Charming ever since we broke up. I don't usually dream about him. While we were still dating, sometimes he would be in my dreams, sometimes he wouldn't. Rarely I would have a dream that was about him, but they did happen.

But people! Every night!

I close my eyes and drift away and there he is. Being perfect and lovely and wonderful. And then, I wake up and this cold reality hits me like a smack to the face.

Let's back up a second.

I believe that dreams can be a powerful tool. I think that dreams can tell you things, that there can be a real merit to something that you dream about. That's not to say that I think each and ever dream is something that is very special and unique and prophetic, because I don't think that all dreams are.

But, have you ever had a dream that came true?

When I was in middle school my family decided to buy the house we were currently renting. However, our landlord decided that he didn't want to sell to us and so began our adventure of finding a new home.

One night I had a dream about what our new house would be like. In my dream our house was blue, a light kind of sky blue, with white trim. It had a white front door, and white garage door, and balcony in the back. I dreamed about a big, flat yard with a tree in the corner of the backyard and a tree in the corner of the front yard.

And then I dreamed that mom stood in the backyard, looking towards the house with her hands on her hips. She was talking to my dad and she said "I just don't know" in reference to whether or not they were going to buy the house.

I told my dad about the dream I had, and he told me that they had looked at a house that fit the description of the one in my dream.

We ended up moving there. And my mom actually really did stand in the backyard with her hands on her hips and said "I just don't know."

So then, I wonder, will my other dreams come true? What of these dreams about Prince Charming I have? Do they mean anything? Or am I just wishing?

I wish I knew the answer. I wish sometimes that I could just stay in my dream and not wake up. I wish that a lot, actually.

1 comment:

  1. Not to be a negative nancy, but I think you've been dreaming about him a lot because your mind has been a lot more focused on him than usual.

    It's like whenever I start a new job, for days and days I have dreams about working. It's awful.

    I wouldn't look too much into it, yet. It's just your brain trying to sort through all the stuff you've thought about all day.
    Now, if it's been a month and you're still dreaming about him, well then maybe it's time to reevaluate.

    But this is my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...