Thursday, February 18, 2010

The One Where I Draw A Baby

In my Drawing II class we're learning to draw figures. Our outside assignment is to draw a figure from real life or from a picture, but we have to spend a lot of time on it to make it detailed. It doesn't have to look exactly like the person, but it has to look like we tried.

 So I found a picture that I really wanted to mimic, and I think I have a good start on it:



I'm using charcoal - vine and compressed to draw this adorably little baby. But I'm totally not even done yet. All I have so far (obviously) is the figure. But I need to work on making his forehead longer and sloping the his little bottom slightly different, not to mention adding in the texture of the blanket he's laying on.

I have my work cut out for me!



Especially because this is my studio! Fully equipped with game watching neighbors who scream loudly that the members of whatever team they are rooting for are stupid. And blaring base from across the hallway! Woohoo!

I can't wait until I'm out of here.

Seriously.

Anyway, make sure you come by tomorrow because they're going to feature my blog on BlogTrotting. If you don't know what that is, go check it out. Right now! What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful drawing! That baby looks like it can do yoga better than me, lol. Very nice rendition!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...