Sunday, April 5, 2009

Crying Over Spilt Milk

It's Palm Sunday. I like Sundays. Just sayin. I get to go to church with Prince Charming, which is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Worship time before service is one thing that I do enjoy immensly and today Prince and I walked into the auditorium to the song "He came from heaven to Earth, to show the way. From the Earth to the cross, my debt to pay. From the cross to the grave, from the grave to the sky, Lord I lift your name on high!" It's a song I haven't heard in a while and it made my heart smile when I realized what the congregation was singing. I still knew the motions too, from when I learned them clear back in 5th grade. :-)

I always love to stand and worship the Lord. I love to sing, even though I'm really not that great at it. I love to be surrounded by people who are also in love with the Lord. We don't have to show off for one another. It's not about us, it's about God. But there are those songs that make you feel convicted and there are those songs that free your soul when you think that things are starting to look pretty grim.

I'm not the best example of an upright Christian girl. But I don't know anyone who is. We all make mistakes. We fall flat on our faces. We do things that make us wonder why anyone would choose to love us. And this was kinda how I have been feeling lately. I've done some things I'm not so proud of, and though I don't particularly regret my decision, if I could go back and change it I would. And I was thinking about this in church, how I would forgive myself and forget about it and move on when I hear these lyrics.

"I'm forgiven
Because you were forsaken
I'm accepted
You were condemned

And I'm alive and well
You're spirit is within me
Because You died
And rose again

Amazing Love
How can it be
That you my king would die for me?

Amazing Love
I know it's true
Now it's my joy to honor you

In all I do
I honor you"

Well those words rested on my heart this morning. They made me feel like it doesn't matter what I've done because God will ALWAYS love me. I don't have to be the best and I don't have to be perfect, I just have to be myself. I just have to try my best to honor God. He understands that I'm humaText Colorn and that I make mistakes and he loves me ANYWAY. And about the time I realize this, I can hardly stand it and I put my arm around Prince's arm. I think I scared him a little, because he half jumped at my touch. But all I wanted to do was stand there with him before the Lord and just be. And that's what I did.

Prince Charming and I don't usually hold hands in church, but this Sunday I just needed it. And then I got a thorough teasing from him afterward about being distracting. Thanks a mill Prince-y, thanks a mill. :-)

After church we did a whole lot of nothing until Belle came to pick me up to go back to the 'Scow a little after 12:30. Zelda's birthday was last week and her parents bought her a five layer chocolate cake. As soon as we got back to our dorms, we cut into that cake and oh. my. gosh. was it ever delicious.

I cut what I thought was a small piece, but because it was FIVE LAYERS I had trouble with the last few bites. So rich. So moist. So AMAZING. Are you jealous yet? Becuase you SO should be. This weekend seemed full of desserts. My dad turned the big five oh on Friday so we had filet mignon and lobster tails as well as angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Then on Saturday I had dinner with Prince Charming and had chocolate cake and homemade ice cream for dessert and then this afternoon I eat more cake. I'm going to have to spend the whole week in the gym to work off all the extra poundage I am going to gain from these sweets. Ha, ha, ha.

Anywho, I decided that I needed to wash down my chocolate cake with some good old 2% so Zelda and I went down to the basement to get some. We also checked our mail and it turns out we each had two packages. Thanks Gram for A Sand County Alamanac and Essential Muir. So anyway, we walk back to the elevator and I'm opening the milk. I take a sip and HOLY CRAP! Worst thing I've ever tasted in my life.

"Here Zelda, try this!" And I shove the gross milk at her face. She takes it, sniffs it, and looks at the carton.

"Dude," she says, "That doesn't even smell good. And it expired on March 31st."

SICK! GROSS! Back to the basement store we go. I'm returning this nastiness. I tell the guy at the counter that he sold me disgusting milk. He apologizes up and down and tells me to take a new one in exchange and put the old one in the very back of the fridge so he can throw it out later. Aparently when the Underground has expired goods, they don't take them out of the fridge. I guess no one really buys milk down there. Duelly noted. Zelda and I do as we're told and I grab a new milk carton that says it expires on April 31st instead of March 31st. I open it, smell it, decide it's okay and take a drink. Much better.

Next time, I'm double checking the expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...