Monday, January 19, 2009

Portraits in Style

Okay, so I've been in a drawing mood lately and decided that I would try for portraits again. I used to be fairly good at them, but I haven't drawn a real portrait in over a year. I thought I would make a go of drawing my cousin, and then I stumbled across a picture from Christmas Eve.

This picture I thought would be okay for a first attempt. So I made a contour drawing of it to kind of sketch out where things should be located. I am NOT a professional by any means, but I think that my drawing came okay.

The next day I drew in the hair and filled in the shading. I think it looks fine for my first attempt, but I'm not very happy with it. There are things that I'm going to go back and change, but I thought I would post what it looks like so far. Princess M's hair is my favorite and I will probably leave that just the way it is. However, I've made the chins too big, ha ha. So I will fix that and I think my mouth is just a little too small. So we'll see what it looks like after I go back and revise it. :-) Maybe I will just not draw myself and draw only Princess M because she is cuter than I am. Ha, ha.

Random Fact: Rhythm and syzygy are the longest English words without vowels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...