Friday, January 23, 2009

Modified Warhol - N Style

I know that Warhols are traditionally all the same image, but to me that gets too boring. So I like to mix it up and do different pictures. Mostly I just like messing around with my Adobe Photoshop 4.0 program. I've done several "Warhol" pictures. The first one I ever did was of my grandpa. It turned out better than I thought it would and I was quite pleased with it.


Here is one that I did of the four kids in my family. My two brothers and my sister and me:

Warhol created his images to show the objectivity of the items in his pictures. My favorite Warhol is the one of Marilyn Monroe. I think that the conotations surrounding the picture aren't really the greatest. He's comparing her to other items - saying that she is a commoditity and not very human at all. She is an item used to sell things. But I think the Warhol look of pictures is interesting. How you take an image and distort it a few ways so that it kind of resembles an acid trip - not that I have any experience with acid trips. Ha, ha.

Ha, ha. This post reminds me of my first semester of college in English 101. We talked about Andy Warhol one day in class and I was one of the only people who knew who he was and what he was famous for. My teacher was convinced that I could have just taught the class and I didn't really need to take it. Especially the grammar portion. Aparently freshmen in college have no idea where to place commas in a sentence or what a dependent or independent clause is and how they are different. It's a bit ridiculous considering it's stuff you grow up learning and in high school it was really emphasized in ALL of my English classes, especially junior year.

Anyway, here is the Random Fact for the day: In Australia, the number-one topping for pizza is eggs. In Chile, the favorite topping is mussles and clams. In the United States, it's pepperoni.

However, if you order a pepperoni pizza in Germany, you don't get sausage - you get pepperocinis.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, I LOVE Warhols! No way you could have known that, but I just love them. I like how you mixed it up with different pictures, and I absolutely love the one of the four kids. That would be awesome as an enlargement for your parents (or your aunt).

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...