Friday, December 19, 2008

The Journey Home











We started the morning off with daily showers and breakfast. Nothing unusual there. Packing and cleaning would have been a pain if I wasn't such of a freak that liked to pack her stuff up. :-) I had all my clothes packed and my stuff together and ready by 10:30 this morning. Then A and I loaded up her little Kia and decided we should eat before we hit the road. Egg salad never tasted so good. :-)


The snow was lightly falling as we headed north on hwy 95 towards home. And for the first part of our three hour trip that normally takes two hours, we followed a little red car who would refuse to go faster than 25 in a 60 mph zone. Woohoo for snail speed!


The weather is freaking out. Which I think is both hilarious and slightly scary. A fair amount of time the snow was coming down so thick we could barely see in front of the car that was in front of us, and sometimes the sun was shining so bright we could see for miles. It was indeed interesting. I felt the need to document our fascinating trip, as well as the snowfall that is so charming.


So I finally get back to CDA and A decides she wants to see Sherman Ave and look at how much snow is in the downtown area. Detour determined! We point the car in the opposite way from my house in search of the carnage that is sure to be found downtown. So many people. So many stupid idiotic drivers. So much irritation. And SO MUCH SNOW!


It was just absolutely beautiful downtown. I smiled and laughed and took plenty of pictures with my cell phone because my digital camera was packed away in a bag with my laptop somewhere in the back of A's car. But I think it acurately represents the sights we found downtown.

Then I arrive home to my screaming siblings who are all too happy to see me and my wonderful daddy who has missed me terribly the past couple of weeks since I haven't been home for a weekend in a while. Oh and how my sister can scream...a sound I have not missed at all....

3 comments:

  1. I am soooo glad you made it home safely. M was just asking me about you. She left her cell at Papa's and doesn't know what to do with herself.

    BTW - your parents always said that you were the loud one . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not going to lie, I can be pretty loud a lot. But honestly, my voice doesn't carry the annoying high pitched ear bleeding glass shattering shrill that my sister is able to produce by creating a space between her upper and lower jaws and vibrating her vocal chords.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Hence, her name . . .

    that's a very interesting description of it, however

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...