Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Big Two One


Ladies and gentlemen, I turned twenty-one yesterday. Twenty-one doesn't feel terribly different than twenty if we're just being honest - but there is something to be said about the liberating feeling of being able to drink alcohol in public legally.

I went to dinner with my friends at a local Mexican restaurant. Missile bought my dinner, one of my friends from high school drove down from Coeur d'Alene, and the waiters made me wear a sombrero while they sang happy birthday and made me take a shot.


Today I renewed my driver's license and now I am part of the grown up world. I am no longer classified as a portrait style sort of person but I have been welcomed into the sideways world of landscape licenses! Oh the freedom!

I will celebrate with my family this weekend when I go home to drink Mike's Hard Lemonade and eat Garlic Jim's pizza like a champ. And hopefully get to open some gifts while I'm at it. You know, obligatory birthday stuff and the like.

Maybe throw in a tattoo?

Just kidding, Dad.

But maybe. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Happy 21st Natalie! Hope you got some cake in their with your shot =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Be-lated birthday darling!!

    Portrait style license photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I was in Switzerland when you turned 21 and it's literally taken me this long to catch up on my blog reading. Lame. I know. But Happy Belated Birthday. Or should I say, "Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Gebertstag!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...