Saturday, May 30, 2009

Breathe

It seems like lately everything has been go, go, go, but when I sit down to write a blog post I don't know what to say. So consequently I haven't posted anything. Sorry about that. I just seem to have been doing a lot lately - but it's all relatively mundane activities.

Like going to the store. Or cleaning the house.

My parents and The Keeper are gone for the second weekend in a row. The Keeper has a soccer deal over in Tacoma. It's the Showcase of Champions, and I think after this weekend is over his soccer will be done for a few months before the High School team starts back up.

So I've been here by myself with DP and CJ. It's been interesting. They are 13 and 11 and can fend mostly for themselves. Basically I'm just here to make sure they don't burn down the house and that they get fed at least once a day. But to be honest, I kind of like it. Makes me feel sort of like a mom - which I think I could get used to...just not at this time of my life. Does that make sense?

Anyway, yesterday was the busiest day I think I've had so far. I had a lot of errands to do, and I turned in my job applications to Starbucks and to a local coffee shop. We'll see if I hear anything back from them.

But asides from the occasional errand and meal planning event, I've spent a lot of time with Prince Charming. Which is good because he's leaving soon to work at a summer camp. He'll be gone all week and home for weekends, which is reverse of how it was while I was away at school.

We've been all around town. Downtown. To the beach. At his friends' houses. To the store. At my house. At his house. On walks. The Boardwalk. Couer d'Alene boasts the world's longest floating boardwalk and I think Prince-y and I have walked it at least three times since I've been back for summer vacation.

So I haven't really had time to slow down and take a breath. But at least I haven't been bored! ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear that you are enjoying your holidays.
    And with the mom thing... It does make sense to me, because sometimes I feel quite the same way ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...