Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another Day In Paradise

So in my CORE class that I'm taking, we have been assigned a project that has to relate to sex, drugs or violence. Well, I had no idea what the heck I was going to do for this project, but I looked at the list of projects that we could do and the very first one said "take a picture." Now you're speaking my language!

So then my dilemma became the subject matter of my photograph. What in the world could I take a picture of that dealt with sex, drugs or violence? I don't go around having sex and Prince Charming lives in Hayden so a kissing picture is out of the question. The fact this even crosses my mind worries me a little bit. And I'm not that in to staging pictures where one person gets beat up. Sometimes it just looks cheesy, especially if you don't have poised models. So drugs was the choice left. And I don't know people who are into hard core drugs, but Sir Veracious smokes cigarettes... Ding! Ding! Ding! Lightbulb goes off in my head. Sirens sound. There are twinkling stars and flashing neon lights. So I tell Sir Veracious about my astoundingly epic idea and he agrees to let me take pictures of him smoking. Below is the finished product and what I'm going to talk about tomorrow in class.

I just took a few pictures of him and weeded out the ones I didn't like. Then I decided that these three pictures captured the even the best, and I feel like it kind of tells a mini story. I just cropped the pictures to 5 by 7s and placed them on a black back ground. Then I sharped them and lowered the saturation on the two pictures of his face. I'm pleased with the overall look. Then I just made extra layer copies of the pictures and put a glow affect on them so that they framed the actual picture with a neon flash.

Also today Sleeping Beauty and I went to Walmart so she could purchase some shorts for our San Diego trip that's coming up on Saturday. It snowed again here in Moscow and we are both excited for 70 and 80 degree weather that the internet news tells us should be there. Sunshine and tanned skin here we come!

Then we felt like eating out, so we decided to hit up the local Chinese Buffet. Okay, so not the best food in the whole world, but it's definitely not bad food. Besides that, Sleeping Beauty had never been to a buffet before, so to find out that she could have as much of whatever she wanted, her eyes lit up and got really wide. She was pretty cute, trying different things out. She made the classic mistake of taking too much food every time she returned and wound up full before she expected to be.

What's even better is that the couple behind us had a little girl, probably about three or four years old, cutest little girl you ever did see. Her hair was put into two little braided pig tails and she had the most amazing dimples when she smiled. The drawback? Her mom's cell phone went off playing the Lollipop song... I don't know who it's by, and I would type the lyrics, but they're dirty. Anyway, the little girl just sang right along with the lyrics. Sleeping Beauty and I were slightly apalled. The girl probably doesn't know what the lyrics mean, but that fact that she was singing them! Really? What kind of mom lets their toddler listen to dirty music? She should be singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star not Lolli, lolli, lolli, let me see you.... Ugh. Some people's kids.

And then I got to drive the car back from the mall to the dorm. Sleeping Beauty's car is a stick and I'm still learning to drive it, but I got it back without killing it or stalling the car once, which was good for me. :-)

Anyway, now it's time for me to finish up the little bit of homework I have so that I can leave Moscow tomorrow afternoon and party hard before I leave for California Saturday. And by party hard I mean lay on the couch in the afternoon and take a nice nap. Oh to be young...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...